Custom Search

Welcome to A Day In The Life of Sarah
A Mom Saving Memories

This blog is all about my life as a Christian single mother of four young children, one of whom is autistic. I blog about everything from funny stories to serious inspirations. Check out "Sarah's Savvy Savings" to read my time and money saving tips! If you are hunting for something specific check out the labels list on the sidebar or you can browse through the archives. Feel free to leave comments! I'd love to hear your funny stories and advice!


What is Mom Saving Memories Doing?

Monday, May 11, 2009

Day of Redemption!

After yesterday's mishaps, I wasn't so sure about stepping into the kitchen today! Five o'clock rolled around, and I decided I had no choice but to jump back in with both feet. I looked through my pantry trying to decide what to have. I had a bag of potatos that needed used so I decided to make them into french fries. I also had two huge onions. I had bought them with the intention of making onion rings. Mind you, I've never made onion rings before! I do make french fries at least twice a month, but on the danger scale they get a ten! I caught a whole batch on fire once! But that's another story for another day...
So I quickly made the potatos into french fries and put them in the oven. Then, I looked through my cookbooks and came across an onion ring recipe that looked like what I was picturing in my head. Potatos and onion rings...hmmm. I decided I better come up with some meat to round out the nutrition level of this meal. I settled on some frozen cubed beef, which thawed out nicely in the microwave. I put it in a frying pan and added some onions, garlic powder and salt. While the potatos and beef cooked, I went back to making the onion rings. My first batch finished and turned out just as I had hoped! I immediately called my mom and invited her and my dad over to share in this wonderful moment! She didn't hesitate to accept my offer and quickly gathered her, already cooked, dinner up and brought it on over. Amazingly, everything turned out wonderful and the onion rings were appreciated by all! Ah, yes...nothing like the sweet taste of redemption!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments here!

Tom the Toad by Sarah Carter