Custom Search

Welcome to A Day In The Life of Sarah
A Mom Saving Memories

This blog is all about my life as a Christian single mother of four young children, one of whom is autistic. I blog about everything from funny stories to serious inspirations. Check out "Sarah's Savvy Savings" to read my time and money saving tips! If you are hunting for something specific check out the labels list on the sidebar or you can browse through the archives. Feel free to leave comments! I'd love to hear your funny stories and advice!


What is Mom Saving Memories Doing?

Saturday, April 18, 2009

National Don't Flush Day!

My children forgot to inform me that today was "National Don't Flush Day", but don't worry I catch on quickly!
Honestly, what is it with children and flushing the toilet?! Is it really that hard? I would have thought they would enjoy flushing and watching everything swirl down the hole. But oh no! Not my children...
My oldest son doesn't flush out of pure laziness. Who would have thought it would be so hard for a six year old to take the time to push the little silver handle down when he gets off the pot.
My second son has twisted this popular saying to "If it's yellow don't let it mellow, if it's brown don't flush it down!" We have had a few mishaps with the potty getting stuffed full of paper and overflowing when an attempt to flush was made. So this smart child has decided, if he does more than pee, he better error on the side of caution and leave the flushing up to mommy!
Then there's my four year old daughter! She not only thinks I should flush for her but also prefers to have me wipe for her!
Ahhh, the joys of motherhood! It doesn't look like "National Don't Flush Day" will be coming to an end anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments here!

Tom the Toad by Sarah Carter