Custom Search

Welcome to A Day In The Life of Sarah
A Mom Saving Memories

This blog is all about my life as a Christian single mother of four young children, one of whom is autistic. I blog about everything from funny stories to serious inspirations. Check out "Sarah's Savvy Savings" to read my time and money saving tips! If you are hunting for something specific check out the labels list on the sidebar or you can browse through the archives. Feel free to leave comments! I'd love to hear your funny stories and advice!


What is Mom Saving Memories Doing?

Friday, April 24, 2009

Highs and Lows

Today was one of those days, we've all had them, were I'm just now able to sit for more than 2 seconds! I've been up since 6:00am and it's 11:40pm! Over seventeen hours of go, go, go! Now that's what I call a long day!
This morning, after a quick shower and feeding Josiah, I begun the daunting task of putting all of my garage sale items outside. I don't have a garage so all of the items needed set out the morning of the sale! I was able to get most of the stuff out before loading everyone in the van to run Zach to school. Zach, who loves school so much he thanks God every night that he gets to go, was not at all happy that he would be missing out on the action at home and put up quite the fuss. On the way back, I couldn't resist stopping at a garage sale! I am so thankful I stopped! I was able to get Mariah a new bike and Jerry a huge Thomas the Train set(Christmas present!!!)
Then, back to setting up my garage sale, which became a constant chore all day long! It was windy all day! Not just a little windy. I'm talking major, blow all my stuff to the neighbors yard, windy! Other than the wind, I was very pleased with how the sale went. At 12noon I had to leave the sale to run Jerry to school. One of my neighbors was nice enough to come over while I was gone and chase after runaway items and help the occasional customer. Once the traffic had died down, I thought about sitting and enjoying the "wind" but couldn't manage to get my mind off of the three large loads of laundry waiting to be folded inside. I drug all of the laundry outside and proceeded to fold it all. I'm sure my neighbors watched in disbelief as I fought with the wind and somehow managed to get all three loads folded!
Finished, but this time I didn't even think about sitting down. My strawberry plants were calling my name. "Plant us, plant us," they cried. Needless to say, I couldn't resist their cries! At 2:30 it was time to drag the remaining items back into the house and tear down all the tables. By this point in the day it was close to 80 degrees and just as windy as ever! I changed into shorts so I could complete my chore without totally melting. Although, my children reassured me that I would not melt! Only witches can melt and that's only if water is poured on them!
I decided I really liked my strawberry plants and wanted to get some more so I headed over to my mom's to pick up the boys and then we all headed to Meijer. I picked out two more bunches of ten plants and also fell in love with two blueberry bushes, along with lettuce, spinach and watermelon seeds(the kids idea, not mine)! I think I better get going on digging that garden I've been planning on making! After getting the groceries I needed and realizing the back door on my van wouldn't open we headed back to my mom's. Yes, you heard correctly! My van door is absolutely refusing to open!!! Made for a fun time of putting all those groceries in the van!
My dad was home when we arrived so he was kind enough to take a look at the door. After confirming it wouldn't budge and finding that there was no way to easily get to the problem area, we had this brilliant idea of taking the door off of it's hinges. Okay so it wasn't a good idea at all! Not only could we still not get to the part we needed but the one side tried to open while the other side stayed stuck. After battling for way too long with the door and thanks to a kind neighbor we managed to get the hinges back on the door and shut it again. I'll take it in to a shop next week!
Thanks to my mom, we ate a wonderful dinner! Afterward, we all went outside to help my dad put up a new trampoline. This endeavor took the remainder of the evening. At 9pm it was finished and what fun it was! Even baby Josiah got a turn on it. I'm not sure which he giggled over more, being in it or watching his Papaw and his siblings in it! While Mariah was jumping, Josiah clapped for her and squealed with delight!
9:30pm-time to go home, but not so fast! I went to back out and heard this horrible grinding sound! I immediately remembered I had put on the emergency breaks while we were working on the van so released them and began to back up again. Same sound! I stopped and pulled the van back up, got out and found the ladder we had been using still standing there. Ooops! Okay back in the van and on home we went. The children helped me bring in the groceries then got in their jammies. In the meantime, I decided I wanted to move the seats in the van back further so I could, perhaps, have more room up front. Not meant to be! The springy/wirey device that is supposed to release the lock and the back bench seat apparently was in a bad mood today! Urgh!!! I finally gave up on it and went in to read the children their goodnight story.
I spent the rest of my evening getting ready for another big day tomorrow! I'm just hoping I can move after today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments here!

Tom the Toad by Sarah Carter