Custom Search

Welcome to A Day In The Life of Sarah
A Mom Saving Memories

This blog is all about my life as a Christian single mother of four young children, one of whom is autistic. I blog about everything from funny stories to serious inspirations. Check out "Sarah's Savvy Savings" to read my time and money saving tips! If you are hunting for something specific check out the labels list on the sidebar or you can browse through the archives. Feel free to leave comments! I'd love to hear your funny stories and advice!


What is Mom Saving Memories Doing?

Monday, April 13, 2009

Best Easter Ever


Yesterday my five year old,Jerry, told me this was the best Easter he's ever had!
Considering, every crisis that has ever happened in my life seems to happen right in the midst of Easter, I wholeheartedly agreed with him!
The first Easter that started my long line of eventful Easters took place in 2005. This Easter was a time of sorrow. It was difficult to celebrate the resurrection of my King when my second born son had just been given a life sentence of Autism.
Then in 2006, I was forced into leaving my first husband when he severely abused our first son the week leading up to Easter. That Easter will always bring back memories of uncertainty and fear.
The Easter of 2007 brought with it mixed feelings of relief and judgement as my long awaited divorce was finalized.
But none of these could prepare me for the Easter of 2008! I was extremely sick with my pregnancy and was admitted to the hospital, the week of Easter. At the same time, my marriage of 7 months was crumbling right before my eyes. I spent that Easter laying in a hospital bed wishing I could go home to celebrate Easter Sunday with my children, wishing I could fix all that was breaking down around me, wishing I hadn't gotten myself into yet another mess!
Then there's Easter of 2009! Believe me when I say it's had it's drama! But I still will have to agree with Jerry this is the best Easter we've had in a long time! This Easter had all the traits of a great Easter. Most importantly, we celebrated Jesus' resurrection every day up to Easter Sunday and we even all were able to go to church on Easter Sunday! We spent it with our family. Most everyone was healthy. We participated in Easter egg hunts, a carnival, egg painting and egg coloring. We did an Easter egg hunt at Mamaw and Papaw's and had Easter baskets for all the kids to enjoy. It just doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments here!

Tom the Toad by Sarah Carter